New to Greenville

Hi there my name is Joerg and I just moved from Florida to Greenville. I am looking for a Maker Space in the area to join.
I have designed and build several 3D printer models and like to get together with like minded folks.
My printers are designed form scratch and build, just finishing the latest model.
I love the additive manufacturing space but have also experience in welding, miling, turning, etc.

By trade I am an Mechanical Design Engineer and have designed industrial machinery from high speed production equipment to large steam turbines.

I know there are restrictions right now because of the virus but its there a possibility to tour Synergy.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Joerg

1 Like

Hi Joerg!

Welcome to Greenville! Thank you for your interest in finding a Makerspace home. Synergy Mill is the GVL place for you. Please follow-up with Joey Loman to join. If you have already joined, welcome aboard!

I am SM member Jim Dallam. A few years ago I retired and the wife and I started spending significant time in GVL and I looking to replicate my own Makerspace experience from Cincinnati.

It sounds like we share similar interests and skills. I’d enjoy meeting you to share and compare experiences to get to know each other.

We could wait to meet by chance, or I could be proactive and offer to be available to schedule a mutually agreeable time for a brief get-to-know-each-other at SM or downtown(?) or (?). I’m nominally available at different times this week. Suggest a time and place that might work for you, and let’s meet.

Jim Dallam

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sorry for the late reply, I am still engulfed in moving and getting some of the house renovation tied up.
I can meet Fri or Sat or early next week.
Would love to meet at SM if possible.

Thanks,
Joerg

Hi Joerg:

Let’s meet at SM this weekend, today or tomorrow.

I am in the West End near SM and flexible to be there on short notice anytime either day. I’ll be going in at some point either/both days anyway.

This forum discussion thread is a pain.

Text me direct on my cell phone 513.300.5164 with a meet time that works for you.

Jim Dallam